If you’re a homebody and your home is your temple, there are many benefits to creating a relaxing outdoor space. For one, it’s fun to decorate your outdoor area and turn it into a backyard oasis. And if you live in Southwest Florida, the weather is ideal and you can enjoy the backyard, deck or patio year-round. There are no complaints about that here!
This blog will show you how to create a relaxing outdoor space so you can take advantage of spending time at home and enjoy your new favorite part of the house. This guide will show you how to create a private backyard retreat, how to take advantage of a small backyard and make it shine, and how to create a relaxing small patio you’ll love to use every day. When you’re ready to put these decorating skills to use and purchase a new home, our Royal Shell real estate agents can help.
Royal Shell has homes for sale throughout Southwest Florida and beyond. If your goal is to live in the Sunshine State and take advantage of our beautiful year-round climate, we have a variety of homes for sale with spacious backyards and breathtaking outdoor living spaces. If you’re already happy with your home, that’s ok, too! This guide on how to create a relaxing outdoor space may give you even more relaxing backyard ideas, and there’s nothing wrong with that!
How to Create a Relaxing Backyard Retreat
One reason why learning how to create a relaxing outdoor space is so fun is because you can personalize the space with your own specific décor tastes and preferences.
Here are 10 Ways To Create a Private Backyard Retreat:
1. Make sure it’s cozy and comfortable
2. Create some privacy
3. Bring in some artwork or other decor you love
4. Light it up with string lights
5. Make sure the furniture is comfortable
6. Make space for a fire pit
7. Create some shade
8. Install an outdoor kitchen
9. Install a pool or hot tub
10. Bring in plants for some fresh air
These 10 tips can help you achieve the perfect outdoor area if you have unlimited space to work with, and the tips below can help if you’re limited to a patio or small backyard.
The number one thing is making sure your backyard feels comfortable and relaxing to you and your family. Next you’ll want some privacy, whether this is from curtains or outdoor screens. Personalize the space with artwork or other outdoor décor you love. Outdoor lighting will set a mood, especially with string lights. Add a fire pit if you have the space! Friends and family will love it. Finally, install a pool or hot tub if you don’t already have one. This is Florida, after all!
Small Backyard Ideas
If you have a small backyard, there are still plenty of small backyard retreat ideas you can take advantage of.
· One way to make your small backyard more appealing is to establish a focal point the eyes are drawn to, like a water feature or sculpture. This could also be a tree with pretty lights wrapped around it. Or maybe your garden. Get creative!
· Start planting your favorite flowers! A great way to transform any backyard space is to add a little greenery. A garden doesn’t have to be really big, either, if you don’t have much space to work with.
· Don’t do too much to it. If you don’t have much backyard space to work with, you can create sections for a specific purpose to organize everything and maintain the yard’s flow. For example, one side is for entertaining and one side is a play area for the kids. This will keep things tidy and won’t make your yard look even smaller and cluttered with too many objects.
How Do You Make a Cozy Outdoor Space?
One of the most important things about creating a relaxing outdoor space is that you can personalize it and make it cozy and turn it into your own personal retreat.
· One easy way to make a cozy outdoor space is to plant flowers and other plants you love. They’ll leave your backyard or patio smelling nice and they’ll also put a smile on your face.
· Another option is to invest in outdoor lighting you love that’ll add some ambiance to the space.
· Buy furniture in colors you like. Textured patio furniture will give the space a bit of an oomph. Also look for furniture that can withstand the elements. In Florida, it rains a lot during the summer.
How Do You Make a Small Patio Look Good?
If you don’t have a backyard and you only have a small patio to work with, that’s ok, too. We can still make it look incredible!
· One way to make a small patio look good is to hang planters or put plants on a plant stand. This will add character to your outdoor space and you can make it match your personality with things like colorful and unique planters.
· String lights can also make a small patio look more inviting.
· Invest in outdoor furniture that can double as a storage unit, like a bench or ottoman.
Homes with Outdoor Living Spaces
Southwest Florida is one of the most beautiful outdoor destinations in the country. That’s one of the reasons many people decide to live here. Sip your morning coffee on your patio and watch the sunrise over a glistening lake, canal or the Gulf of Mexico. Whether you’re already living in your dream home or you’re looking for a new place to call home, we hope these tips on how to create a relaxing outdoor space help you achieve a relaxing backyard space that’ll rejuvenate you and make you proud to say it’s part of your home.
If you’re searching for a beachfront home in Naples, on Sanibel and Captiva Islands, or anywhere else in Southwest Florida, we can help. We can also find you homes with big backyards and charming outdoor spaces with outdoor kitchens and other outdoor living room necessities—all surrounded by beautiful natural surroundings.
Our Royal Shell real estate agents know the Southwest Florida area and beyond like the backs of their hands. We can help you with all of your buying, selling and real estate needs. If you have questions about homes for sale with the best outdoor living spaces or anything else, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. We make it easy. You make it home.®